Who We Are
SmartTerm is an awesome group of individuals from diverse backgrounds but the thing we all have in common is the passion to help improve education globally.
SmartTerm is redefining the way we educate in developing countries. Using our suite of services we seek to take schools and businesses from a manual way of operating and elevate them to a digital platform providing powerful analytics and insight into the learning experience. This comprehensive platform will make Government entities, CEOs, Principals, Administrators, Teachers, Parents, and Students education experience much more seamless and integrated.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team and build out the next generation of our platform. We’re looking for someone with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
Responsibilities for Software Engineer
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
Qualifications for Software Engineer
- Hands-on experience working with technologies like Angular, React, MySQL, Kafka.
- Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies like AWS, chef, puppet, etc.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience in B2B, has a BS degree in computer science or similar, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Nagios, Ganglia, etc.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl, Shell, etc.
SmartTerm is seeking an experienced QA Engineer to test applications for different mobile platforms, primarily Android and IOS devices. The ideal candidate will have experience testing complex mobile and web applications at both the GUI and protocol levels.
The QA Engineer is a member of the Engineering team, which SmartTerm is in the process of hiring.
The successful candidate will be comfortable with fast-paced start-up environments and be committed to developing high-quality products aimed at providing a high level of customer value. SmartTerm practices Agile development methodology, so you should be familiar with these concepts and be comfortable with iterative team-focused development.
- Test the company’s software products on a variety of platforms, including mobile handsets
- Execute formal test plans, ensuring that products comply with specifications, measuring battery and memory usage, filing defects, managing defect lifecycle, developing test plans, and generating test reports
- Set up and configure test systems and equipment
- Collaborate with the development team to successfully resolve problems found during testing
- Devise methods to improve efficiency of testing, with emphasis on test automation
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or related discipline
- Two years’ work experience in software quality assurance engineering
- Excellent teamwork and problem-solving skills, flexibility, and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrated a record of working on and testing mobile phone devices, including both the Android operating system and iOS.
- Commitment to collaborating with remote colleagues in different time zones
- Experience with Agile development process
SmartTerm is seeking a real cool React Native Developer with extensive mobile app development experience and expertise in architecting, implementing, testing, optimizing and maintaining domestic and international mobile applications.
- Have experience with React Native iOS or Android, and have shipped applications to the Apple or Google Play Stores.
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript (ES6, 2015, 2017)
- Experience with server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Have interest in native mobile development (e.g. Swift/iOS, Kotlin/Android).
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Have familiarity with source control systems (GIT)
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Strong “People Person” with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a Pair Programming and Peer Review model where code is shared and evaluated by the team.